Thursday, August 30, 2007

Adventures in Chinglish, Part 2

This morning, after a breakfast of "Bimbo Bread", we spotted a lovely lady in a "No solid liquid?" t-shirt, not far from her pal in the "happy cute pig" top. Then, we spotted a rock n' roll fan in a "Tool" t-shirt. Upon closer examination, however, we read, "Not the band, I'm just a tool".

Later, we shopped at the "Modern Bazaar of Originality" because the banners outside promised a "large charge of capturing" and a "pleasenty surprise at groping". Inside, we found a funny geek mask that explained, "Each kit of tooth thing of the big in simpleton". Tempting sales pitch, but we passed.

We'd had enough of the "flourishing, high-sensitivity life" so we ruminated awhile on ancient Chinese wisdom displayed on the streets, such as "Sometimes it's good to put all your eggs in one basilet", "protect circumstance begins with me", and the universal "I believe, therefore I insist."

All this thinking had us tuckered so we considered staying in the hotel that promised "reckon by time having a rest" and "the incense is fumigated".

We were knocked senseless, however, when we saw a respectable, middle-aged man with a wife and three children wearing a white shirt that declared, "I am a proud student of the kama sutra".

The backside was an added bonus: "I practice with my secret lover".

Now, how do you beat that?

1 comment:

luke said...

Did you get your pleasenty surprise at groping? I think some of the freshmen here write those slogans.